Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Joys of Apartment Living!

When Life Throws You Lemons, You Make Lemonade.
This is the most appropriate name I can think of to title this blog. Now, normally I would do two loads of wash at my apartment complex laundry facility (one dark, one light). Then I will take the clothes that would typically need to be hung (i.e. my jeans, nice shirts) and bring them back to my apartment while leaving my panties, sweats, pjs, it's-okay-if-they-shrink-a-little clothes in the facility drier. To preface this it on any given day will gross me out that I'm sharing washing machines and driers with strangers. Today, however, was the icing on the cake. I went to take my clothes out of the drier and the entire facility smelled like someone peed all over the place and my drier smelled too. I had a panic attack, cried at my money and labor being in vain and re-washed my clothes. Only to now have EVERY item I washed hanging on some chair, shower rod, and doorway in my small apartment!
...and this is my living room chair...a pair of jeans, sweat pants, a nightie, and a dish towel

... and this is my other living room chair... a dish towel, two pj pants, and a nightie

...and this is the inside of my bathroom... three pairs of jeans and a pair of capris

...and this is the doorway to my bathroom... 1 sweatshirt, 3 tank tops and 5 shirts... you can see in the background my jeans hanging from the shower rod.

The scripture letter from my dad this weekend was fairly approriate for this circumstance. One of the scriptures he quoted was Jeremiah 31:16 "Thus says the Lord, 'Restrain your voice from weeping, And your eyes from tears; For your work shall be rewarded.'"

When I had to redo my work (laundry) I was crying and in a panic. I didn't think I'd have enough crevasses to dry my wet clothes, now that I'll never again use the drier. Low and behold my labors were rewarded. Not only will my clothes not smell like pee, but the Arm and Hammer clean burst scent... I also had enough places to hang them all.

I can't wait for a washer and drier of my own. Soon.



3 comments:

  1. Oh my ... I'm laughing until I cry! Sorry for the laughter at your expense, honey... but doesn't writing about it make you feel better? :)
    praying for your apartment freedom, sweetie! <3 you
    ~mom
    ps. the word identification it's making me type for this comment is "peedway" too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Amanda... now put our cloths away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that your dad sends you verses!

    ReplyDelete