Saturday, May 23, 2009

A Visit From Home

A SPECIAL VISIT
One of the most special things is getting a visit at my apartment. I love to entertain my family. Sometimes it feels a little like I'm a kid playing house, but I'm proud of the things I've accomplished.

My mom and my sister, Rachael came to visit for a girl's night last night!!! My two best friends! I can't believe as I sit here to write this that the visit is already over. We had a blast! I made my famous guacamole and we polished it all off with a bag of lime tortilla chips. Then, we ventured off to the grocery store where we bought a gallon of mudslide ice cream and nearly polished that off too!!! We were up until 12:00 a.m. visiting, and when it was time for bed the three of us crammed into my queen bed along with my two dogs for a semi-sweet night sleep.
This morning we woke up really early, and my boyfriend brought over our towns BEST bagels and made his delicious best-you've-ever-eaten eggs! We headed off to the local farm market to get some goodies.

I feel so blessed to be so close to my family. Their visits leave me with my heart full of home.
With much love always, ~Amanda



2 comments:

  1. It was such a beautiful time. Thanks so much for all you did... The guacamole dip was phenomenal! I LOVED it :) We ate the WHOLE thing~ Yummy!
    BIG {{{hugs}}} for you, Billy and the doggie boys~ m

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard the lime chips were great !!!

    ReplyDelete