Sunday, May 17, 2009

Cooking With Red & Connie


Salmon ala Juan:

Billy and I first had this delicious dish at my sister and her fiancé's engagement dinner. Juan, her fiancé, made this salmon dinner for us to enjoy. It has since been my favorite seafood dinner to make. Billy and I made it tonight, and it was extra delicious by accident (gotta love cooking accidents that make great additions). We needed to cook it longer on the grill, and it was twice as good as before! I decided to share the recipe!

We used 1lb of Salmon for two people and still had leftovers. So, plan accordingly!

Ingredients:
*1lb Salmon
*2 slices red onion
*3 slices butter cut into cubes
*Garlic salt
*1 tbs Brown sugar
*1 Can/Bottle Pale ale beer

Directions:
*Heat Grill!!!
*Make a pouch with aluminum foil with your salmon inside the foil
*Sprinkle Garlic salt on salmon
*Spread brown sugar on top of salmon over the garlic salt
*Place the cubes of butter on salmon evenly spaced
*Place the rings of onion over butter cubes on top of salmon
*Poor beer in pouch--make sure it doesn't leak
*Cook on grill for 10-15 mins. The longer it cooks the more of the beer you can taste!!

Enjoy! ~Red & Connie's Kitchen

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmmmmmmm It is so delish...
    Now I have to make it ;o)
    How's kitty-kitty? love you ~mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah! I love just about anything cooked with beer! Kielbasa (fresh, not smoked) in the crockpot with a can of beer....it's Christmas eve at my grandparents again! We are trying to eat more fish, so I'll be sure to try this!

    ReplyDelete