Saturday, May 30, 2009

Discipline then Affection!

Caesar Milan has taught me a tremendous amount of useful and important skills for raising a dog. Having two beautiful small dogs, Mr. Darcy and Chino Sanchez, myself it was crucial for me to learn some techniques, so that my two love bugs will have the best life possible. My mom, a fantastic dog whisperer, gave me eight VHS tapes full of DVR'd "Dog Whisperer" episodes. I watch them regularly. I have since exuded calm energy and have made both my boys balanced. Now I want to whisper ALL dogs... =)

Billy's parents have this beautiful German Shepherd. They got him (Zeus) from his uncle who at one time bred his shepherds. I learned from Caesar that a dog needs exercise, discipline and then affection. Billy and I have been working with Zeus on this, and he LOVES his walks now. When we jiggle his leash he comes running for the door like a tornado rushing across the plains. We are working hard on getting him to behave during the walk and flank us like he should walk with a pack leader. He comes in from his walk and is ready for more discipline and relaxation. Thank you Caesar!

1 comment:

  1. Zeus LOVES you!
    You are his whisperer indeed!
    That's my girl :) ~m

    ReplyDelete