Thursday, February 11, 2010

SkyWatch Friday ~ Snow Day

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!
the parking lot of my apartment complex in between the two storms!! But, NO SCHOOL !!!! YAY
On my way home (this picture is from my cell phone in my car). . . during the second snow storm, which was nearly as bad as the first... the roads were TERRIBLE!!!
from my window. . . watching it fall!This morning we woke up to a 2 hr delay!!! I sent this picture to my sister in response to the one she sent me from Florida of a palm tree!!!

my drive to work this morning was winter peace.
a little tipsy turvy but I tried to capture the beauty of the end of the storms on my way to work!

for more awesome pics around the world

5 comments:

  1. Great set of photos! I am tired on seeing snow here. I think I would like that palm tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that "winter peace" shot, Amanda. Our friends from MD were stranded here in CO an extra week because of the East Coast storms. (Their girls were off school, too.) So funny to have people stranded in a ski town because there is so much snow where they live that they can't get home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda! I see you're taking pictures in the car (like your crazy mother ;o)
    I hope you've seen the last of all those snow storms... funny we are below the average amount... Except---you know, where we live, it's always a foot more that just down the road!

    Your photos are beautiful ~ I love the snowy night shots and the peaceful daytime ones too ♥
    lots of love ~ Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can see peace in the photos. makes me dream of snowy lands again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You DID capture the beauty in the last photo! And of course your sister can just keep her palm trees!

    ReplyDelete