Thursday, February 18, 2010

SkyWatch Friday ~ Out Like a Lion

I guess this winter has been in like a lamb out like a lion... isn't that how it goes??
my week started with these spooky, but beautiful sky scenes...

these two spooky wood photos remind me of this book cover Fallen that I read
...and...then...we...got...snow...
ALL other schools in my county had the day off EXCEPT my district...and we didn't even get dismissed early. . . everyone, was upset.
it kept getting worse... as the day wore on
pulling into my complex...lucky to be safe & sound
good thing I found this jacket @ my 2nd job MAJORLY on sale for $15

for more beautiful views around the world visit..


10 comments:

  1. Heehee... good thing you found that jacket Amanda...
    I love your sweet & spunky spirit!
    Oh dear... you DIDN'T close!!!???!!!
    That looked pretty treacherous... I won't bring it up again though, I KNOW how that drive was on your way to and from school!
    Sometimes they close, and it changes to rain...
    wild~
    Take Care, Amanda,
    ♥ Lots o Love ♥
    ~Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. Oh please check to see if they have one of those cute jackets for moi ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your skies looked like ours did - until this morning when it was mostly clear and very cold. Beautiful day today and looking for more. My you be blessed with the same. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely storm! Not nice to drive in though but you got some great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you will be as happy for spring to arrive as I will be.

    Lovely set, snow and all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first shot looks like a lightning! What a dreamy winter white. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have had similar skies in our neck of the woods.
    I'm hoping for a gradual warm up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You captured the build-up t the snowstorm right from the very first shot! (I want a jacket like that! Our winter starts in June: maybe I can borrow it!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. An adventurous day out there it seems! Sad to know you'll weren't allowed to leave... The jacket looks really cool!!

    ReplyDelete