Saturday, October 10, 2009

My Dad, the Carpenter

Building a Family of Faith
As I open my mailbox after a long day of work and see a personalized letter with my dad's handwriting I smile. I read on one side my dad's note to me, and on the other a scripture... often I am moved.

Today, I was putting the card I received into the box where I store all of the letters dad has written me. I got a pull from inside somewhere to take a picture of my box and write a blog about these letters. So, I took some photos. They were great, but not enough. I decided I wanted to count the letters to see how many have been written (204) so far. As I was counting I got to the bottom of the small top box and found the very first letter. I flipped over the envelope curious of the date. It was
postmarked: October 10, 2008.
Exactly one year ago, today. And I thought:
God is Good.

Happy one year of letters, Dad! I love you
I thank you and mom, always, for the foundation.

2 comments:

  1. This is so very special, Amanda... What surprises there are when you are in God's presence. These moments will be discovered more frequently... Keep on Believing~
    *Daddy loves you very much*
    and so do I,
    love you~ Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this Amanda. I have loved sending every letter. God's word always has a purpose. Your quite right, God is very good... rest in Him always with all your joys and cares.

    Always love you ... Dad

    ReplyDelete