Friday, October 30, 2009

The Love of Vampires

"About three things I was absolutely positive:
First, Edward was a vampire.
Second, there was a part of him--and I didn't know how dominant that part might be--that thirsted for my blood.
And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him."
~Twilight

A year ago tomorrow I received my much anticipated package from amazon.com. The Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. I had stumbled across Twilight flare on facebook, and thought to myself what could all this hype be over?

I looked up Twilight, discovered it was a novel, and read the four or five pages they allot you to preview on amazon. I was INSTANTLY hooked. I ordered the whole series, and as irony would have it my book about vampires arrived Halloween morning.

The next three weeks of my life were consumed by these books. When I wasn't reading (and I was glued to the pages in every free minute...including red lights and walking from my car to work) I was thinking about the characters and the story. It was ALL CONSUMING, completely and totally.

As Halloween arrives tomorrow, the anniversary of my beginning of a great love of this story, I am reflective about how powerful books can be in our lives. Someone once said that reading was like living many different lives. So true.

Keep an eye out for sparkling vampires tomorrow =)

1 comment:

  1. As I always say... "There really ARE vampires..."
    (but not in the way of 'Twilight')

    There are some things, people and even government programs that will take part or all of your life away...
    Definitely be aware!

    ReplyDelete