Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Connie's Banana Bread

Cooking with Red & Connie ~ Banana Bread
Every time someone visits my grandfather or he comes for a visit he bakes banana bread. It is always so delicious!!! A few months ago my friend Cassandra, with whom I am so lucky to work, brought me samples of banana bread she made. Recently I've begun tweaking my own recipe.

I make a double recipe... you start out creaming 1 cup *smart balance and 1 cup sugar

Then, you add four eggs (egglands best for lower cholesterol)
stir together.
Add 2 cups buttermilk and 3 tsps baking soda & stir
Add 2-3 tsps almond extract & stir
Add 4 1/2 cups flour, 2 tsps baking powder about 1 tsp nutmeg and about 4 tsps cinnamon
STIR! =)

Add 8 bananas (mushed)!!!!!
(lots of peals leftover)
STIR =)

Pour into two bread pans and bake in the oven for 60-70 minutes at 375 degrees

ENJOY!


2 comments:

  1. Wow... eight bananas! Mmmmm must be moist and delish! can't wait to try some!
    lots o love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh YUM! That looks soooo good.

    ReplyDelete