Thursday, January 28, 2010

SkyWatch Friday ~ Calm Before the Storm

bliZZard
we got the lovely surprise this morning... SNOW... blizzard like snow rushing toward the ground. Did school delay? No, of course not. Because in NY it's regents week. Stupid state tests. I almost wrecked my car several times on my way to work this morning

By the time I got home the skies had holes of blue... I took some picture... there were storm clouds in the past and in the future...

Less than the a 1/2 hour later... blizzard like snow again... the calm before the storm

Be Safe.

for more skywatch pictures around the world...

8 comments:

  1. Such interesting skies! And I love that one with the light coming through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the second image. Please be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos are great, Amanda!
    Considering your morning, you were able to capture the beauty in the day~

    With schools, there always has to be someone covering! ~ Drive carefully ~
    Lots o Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, the snow gave you some great opportunities for interesting snow/sky photos. The last tree one is stunning. Be careful driving, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, there was snow in north Jersey while I was at work, but I had to be there very early at 05:30am so I missed driving in it.

    Very wonderful pictures of the snowy trees, given the opportunity.
    Take care in driving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Third image is amazing! Winter wonder land happening. Only a few more weeks of this.
    Joyce, IL, USA

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's amazing to see snow covered trees like the one you've pictured!! Nice photos...

    Pixellicious Photos

    ReplyDelete