Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Birthday!

As I approach my 26th birthday (in almost exactly two hours) I am reminiscent about the birthdays past. 26 years ago my mother was almost done with a two day long labor, and I said my first hello to this beautiful world... on the 2 of July 1983 at six pounds after I peed, dark brown hair, blue eyes that would soon turn brown, I was born. I have always loved being a summer baby. I enjoyed summer swim parties, the joy of school just getting out, and an expensive birth stone. I am a cancer sign, the sun sign, which my friend Cassandra (one day younger than me) explained today means we cry instantly at the sign of other people crying. So true. I read up on this. The "traditional" cancer traits are: emotional and loving, intuitive and imaginative, shrewd and cautious, protective and sympathetic. Apparently on "the dark side" we're also: changeable and moody, overemotional and touchy, clinging and unable to let go. When my mother reads this I'm sure she'll laugh herself silly, as to the trueness of these traits.
(getting Misty on my thirteenth birthday)


(My Sweet Sixteen)

The second story is on my sixteenth birthday. I had a huge party with many of my closest friends, as it was my sweet sixteen! I wanted a tropical themed party, and we went to party warehouse to get sweet umbrellas, cups, flowers, etc. It was going to be awesome! As summer undoubtedly brings with it hot and humid days, the cake my mom and I had worked to put together (sugar drop flower cut-outs and all--you can kind of see it in the above picture), well it began to fall apart. We spent four hours trying to fix it, and finally did. It ended up looking awesome with green frosting, sugar drop flowers, and tropical umbrellas, and it tasted delicious!
(my twentieth birthday)

(birthdays in Connecticut)

Thanks to the many friends and family members who make my birthday special each and every year. I love you all!

2 comments:

  1. You made me a mother, you made Chris a father, You made our hearts fill with love ~ overflowing ~
    It brings us even greater joy when we see you sharing this overflowing love with others.
    ♥ We Love You so much ♥
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY my Dear Amanda
    Love and Hugs from a little ways away, but very near in heart ♥ Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember them well, and all with smiles... Love U ... Dad

    ReplyDelete