Wednesday, June 10, 2009

School's Out For Summer!!!
...well...almost.
as the school year wraps up I find myself reflective of the past forty weeks. I teach in a city school district that has A LOT of problems. This year though was the best year I've had in my three years of teaching. As I enter my fourth year this coming September I am more inspired than I've ever been.
...my classroom... with my NFL poster behind my desk to record Green Bay's horrendous season! :( Better luck this next season to start off the next school year!
I've been awaiting my school supplies that I ordered for next year. Many of the teachers in my building have gotten there's and they are slowly coming in. Every morning when the custodians wheel the boxes down the hall I get so excited, like a kid on Christmas morning. Only a teacher can get all jumpy and anxious over the arrival of sharpened pencils, chalk, a dry-erase board, binder clips, post-it notes, and more!
The desk that I've decorated with all of the things I love. A picture of my me and Billy, a photo of my family, photos of my adorable dogs, some nature scenes from a 1995 calendar that was left behind, A TON of Green Bay Packers fan paraphernalia, some Americana lights that actually light up when plugged in, some drawings from past students, flowers, and care bears (for some reason not in the photo).

I have just finished packing up all the things in these pictures that brought my classroom to life this past year. Each summer we pack our supplies only to unpack them again in the fall. This particular school year flew by, it seems like yesterday I was hanging up my decorations and taking pictures for my mom, the teacher two hours away who constantly inspires creative teaching, so she could see the spirit of my classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Amanda, I love the "older classroom" that you moved into last summer, as opposed to the "sterile" new room you had for two years.
    It already had that air of warmth and comfort... your presence within adds to that feeling. I know there are students who are aware enough to appreciate the lovely person that daily stands before them; I'm also sure, that deep down, your toughest students know this also. ~♥♥♥~

    If I were Estee Lauder, I would give you one of their "Golden Goodie Bags" that they give to the all the Oscar nominees... since you prepare an "Oscar winning performance" every day! God Bless You Sweetie. ~m

    ReplyDelete